Friday, May 8, 2009

Oh Me, Oh My

To start my blog with the beginning of my blog, I record that I am broke.
I've now officially been out of college for 1 year, am 23 and am sadly under-employed. Part of that is my own fault, I really haven't been selling myself or pushing myself, but now is that time to grow up. Health insurance, car insurance, saving for a house and having some form of emergency fund are no longer things I can put off dealing with. I hope that this blog will provide a place for me to learn to budget, set up savings and increase my income.
I currently live with my boyfriend (whom I'll call Bear) so I've been able to get by with earning between $500-$1000 dollars a month (yikes) and my goal is to be at $2000/month (consistently) by next year. I'll explain more about how I earn my money and why there is so much fluctuation (and why my goal seems low...I mean, how many people really think that $24,000 is an "upgraded" lifestyle?)
So. There it is. The birth of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment